A Year in Review

As an international affairs scholars I have learned about time management and how scheduled is very important when trying to get through each semester. IA has taught me to that where I write out a majority of events I plan to go to so I can see how it works in my scheduled and to check that I have time to do it. IA has helped me to grow over the school year in a stronger, independent, young adult. It was hard to go from having parents that cooked and cleaned, to them being states away. The jump happened so quickly at the beginning of the year and nothing of the planning my parents and I promised to do actually happened. It was hard to keep track of my schedule where there was no one checking up on me anymore and it was hard to find that motivation to go to 8 am lectures. I managed to pull through this slump and learn the importance of class and lectures, no matter how much I hate them or don’t want to go. I have also learned to watch my health a little more in the sense that I don’t try to eat anything I want just because. College is a freedom that I don’t aim to abuse and cause my freedom to become restricted.