• Global Awareness:
    • I plan on volunteering with the university’s doctors without borders chapter and go on at least one international trip where I have the opportunity to enrich people’s lives. I have also always loved to travel and have been out of the country numerous times with my family. I hope to continue my international experiences as well as supplement my learning by going on trips such as these.
  • Original Inquiry:
    • During my undergraduate years, I plan on working and/or volunteering in a research lab. During this experience, I hope to either assist in important research where I can explore original ideas. I also hope to perform my own research where I can choose a topic to research and work on a topic that I am particularly interested in exploring.
  • Academic Enrichment:
    • When I was choosing my major, I wanted to ensure that I was genuinely interested in the academic components of it and that I wouldn’t dread going to the classes that were required to take. In exploring different majors, I discovered neuroscience which I was unaware was a major offered at OSU before applying. I had always been interested in the brain and the mechanisms behind it, how it works, and particularly, how much is yet unknown about the brain. Each class that is required for me to take genuinely interests me and I can’t wait to see how these classes expand my interest in the brain and its functions!
  • Leadership Development:
    • I have recently joined two organizations that I am deeply interested in and can’t wait to become a more integral part of. One of them is Alpha Phi Omega, which is a service fraternity. I am a pledge this semester which means that I am not a full member yet, but I hope to be in the coming semesters. This organization caught my eye because throughout my life, I have been passionate about helping others and giving back. This is one of the main reasons why I am on the pre-medical track and why I want to be a doctor. While in this fraternity, I plan on taking some sort of leadership role so that I can continue to pursue my interests as well as learn to be a leader. Another organization that I joined is called IAA, which stands for Indian American Association. I was born and raised here in Columbus, Ohio but I have always felt a connection to my culture. This organization, and acquiring a leadership role within it will allow me to further explore my heritage as well as educate others about parts of it that they may have been unaware of.
  • Service Engagement:
    • As mentioned above, the service fraternity that I am pledging places heavy emphasis on service and I am always happy to volunteer for different events may it be marathons, soup kitchens, nursing homes, and so on. In addition to these service opportunities, I am a volunteer at Riverside Methodist Hospital and have been for about two years. I plan on continuing to volunteer at this hospital, as well as other hospitals in the Columbus area.