[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
- Global Awareness:
- I plan on volunteering with the university’s doctors without borders chapter and go on at least one international trip where I have the opportunity to enrich people’s lives. I have also always loved to travel and have been out of the country numerous times with my family. I hope to continue my international experiences as well as supplement my learning by going on trips such as these.
- Original Inquiry:
- During my undergraduate years, I plan on working and/or volunteering in a research lab. During this experience, I hope to either assist in important research where I can explore original ideas. I also hope to perform my own research where I can choose a topic to research and work on a topic that I am particularly interested in exploring.
- Academic Enrichment:
- When I was choosing my major, I wanted to ensure that I was genuinely interested in the academic components of it and that I wouldn’t dread going to the classes that were required to take. In exploring different majors, I discovered neuroscience which I was unaware was a major offered at OSU before applying. I had always been interested in the brain and the mechanisms behind it, how it works, and particularly, how much is yet unknown about the brain. Each class that is required for me to take genuinely interests me and I can’t wait to see how these classes expand my interest in the brain and its functions!
- Leadership Development:
- I have recently joined two organizations that I am deeply interested in and can’t wait to become a more integral part of. One of them is Alpha Phi Omega, which is a service fraternity. I am a pledge this semester which means that I am not a full member yet, but I hope to be in the coming semesters. This organization caught my eye because throughout my life, I have been passionate about helping others and giving back. This is one of the main reasons why I am on the pre-medical track and why I want to be a doctor. While in this fraternity, I plan on taking some sort of leadership role so that I can continue to pursue my interests as well as learn to be a leader. Another organization that I joined is called IAA, which stands for Indian American Association. I was born and raised here in Columbus, Ohio but I have always felt a connection to my culture. This organization, and acquiring a leadership role within it will allow me to further explore my heritage as well as educate others about parts of it that they may have been unaware of.
- Service Engagement:
- As mentioned above, the service fraternity that I am pledging places heavy emphasis on service and I am always happy to volunteer for different events may it be marathons, soup kitchens, nursing homes, and so on. In addition to these service opportunities, I am a volunteer at Riverside Methodist Hospital and have been for about two years. I plan on continuing to volunteer at this hospital, as well as other hospitals in the Columbus area.
[“Career” is where you can collect information about your experiences and skills that will apply to your future career. Like your resume, this is information that will evolve over time and should be continually updated. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[Artifacts are the items you consider to be representative of your academic interests and achievements. For each entry, include both an artifact and a detailed annotation. An annotation includes both a description of the artifact and a reflection on why it is important to you, what you learned, and what it means for your next steps. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
Hello! My name is Maitri Patel and I am a first year majoring in neuroscience. I graduated from Hilliard Bradley High School in Hilliard, Ohio with an honors diploma in May of 2019. In high school, I was involved with Interact club and the school orchestra. I played concert violin for 7 years. I hope to graduate with a BS in neuroscience and continue onto medical school. Following that, I hope to become a pediatric surgeon.