All About Me

My name is Danny Park and I am from Columbus, Ohio. I went to high school in a big and upcoming community in the district of Olentangy. I am a second year Health Sciences major hoping to get my masters in health administration. Some hobbies of mine include playing basketball, watching TV shows/movies. My favorite TV shows include The Office and Game of Thrones. Marvel movies are also my favorite.

What is a career in health administration like? (Video) 

This video above provides some insight on what a masters in health administration can do for you. The video follows a couple professionals that are in the world of healthcare managers and shows what their everyday job consists of. Having a masters in health science is the ability of working on the business side of every day hospitals. Unlike doctors saving lives they are the ones that keep the hospitals running and makes everything go smoothly. To have a job in this profession the video explains that you need to be a good leader and have good management skills when dealing with people. This video shows a great aspect of the field I am going towards but also this is only one profession shown in the video while there are hundreds of jobs you can have with this degree.

Background Info (professional organization website) 

This website is my favorite resource by far. It tells you what the career options and paths you can take with the masters, what skill sets you need to obtain, and what you can expect from your career. It also contains a personal experience of someone on how they arrived at the position they’re at and some advice on how to make it in this field. This website contains valuable information on what I need to achieve to get in the position I want to be in.

Healthcare Administration

Increasing Jobs (other website)

This website below provides amazing insights on why right now the jobs in the healthcare managing side is increasing at a staggering rate. It goes through the salary of the people in that career field and also why it is the right choice to go into this field right now. With technology and people living longer, the need for healthcare administrators are increasing by the days to make sure their hospitals can run smoothly.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm

Work to be done (Book)

This book called Reframing Healthcare, Zeev E. Neuwirth, is a great source because the book focuses on the points of making sure the heath administrators at hospitals and health care facilities are doing their job correctly. It talks and goes in depth about the leadership that is needed to making sure the organization or your team runs smoothly in the hospital setting.

Why? (website)

This website below goes in and explains why a degree in health administration would be good for the future. It goes and talks about how you are a role model in your community, the ability to make a change in the hospital healthcare aspect, making sure everything is morally right. The website also talks about the salary and why it is great to go into this field.

https://www.topmastersinhealthcare.com/4-reasons-you-should-be-a-healthcare-administrator/