Fall at OSU College of Optometry

While most of the country is celebrating cooler weather, pumpkin spiced lattes (let’s be real, pumpkin spiced everything), here at The Ohio State we are celebrating Football season! Nothing is more exciting or memorable than your first OSU tailgate and football game when you’re a student at The Ohio State College of Optometry. Maybe you went to a big school for your undergrad and can kind of relate, maybe you attended a smaller school and you’re still trying to figure out what’s the big deal with football. Regardless, when it’s at fall at The Ohio State, you are in for a treat! The OSU Optometry Ambassadors interviewed a few optometry students and asked them to recollect on their favorite fall tailgate/OSU football game memories from past years and here’s what they said:

“My favorite fall memory is actually a very recent one. I have been out on my fourth year rotations since May and haven’t seen many of my friends since then. But recently I was able to come back to Columbus for an EYE tailgate and Buckeye football game! Being reunited with some of my favorites put the biggest smile on my face! When we first came to OSUCO, Dean Zadnik told us about the optometry family and I truly felt how real that is when I came back to see everyone. I hadn’t just been missing my friends but my family. I’m so lucky to be a part of the OSUCO family, I can’t imagine my life without the friends I’ve made during my time at OSU. Go Bucks!” – Opt 4 Sara Hitchman

“There is nothing quite like a tailgate at the EYE house. Whether you’re munching on a burger, playing stump in the front yard, or taking a break from studying, it’s always a good time! One of my favorite memories from an EYE tailgate was from my first year of school. It was before a later afternoon game, Michigan was playing Michigan State, and the game was coming down to the wire. There were a ton of us crowded around the TV with our eyes glued to the screen, hoping for a Michigan loss, of course. One of the then Opt2s had done his undergrad at Michigan State and he was in a very large state of anxiety. Watching him freak out over the game was enough to make my whole day! But then, Michigan State blocked a punt and ran the ball back for a touchdown. I have never seen one person so excited about a football game. He was running around and everyone else was cheering and hollering and it was just such a moment of sheer happiness that I will never forget. Those moments of camaraderie and simply being with your fellow colleagues are like nothing else. I wouldn’t trade them for the world!” – Opt 2 Kaitlyn McBride

If we haven’t got you excited about Football season at Ohio State, I hope we’ve at least got you excited about our EYE tailgates! One of the best things about Ohio State Optometry is the friendly and family feel we all bring to the table and the EYE tailgates are no exception. If you’re ever in the area, feel free to stop by and visit! You’ll find lots of fun and maybe even a few Alumni or professors interacting with students and enjoying the festivities that come with the territory of Ohio State Football.

While orange and pumpkin spice may be nice, we like to stick to our roots here at Ohio State with our scarlet and grey. Hope to see you at our Visit Day on October 15th!

xoxo

The Ambassadors