Gifting Design – Refine and Test Giving Gift – Project Three (2130)

Instruction

Mock opening your gift with another member of the class. Refine the process.

Purpose

Get an outside perspective on your progress and see what needs to be refined from presentation to the gift opening process. Have both the physical and digital aspects analyzed and critiqued. Refine and improve all aspects.

My Interpretation

I “gave” my gift to Shaylee, a member in my group. I was unable to give my gift to her physically for obvious reasons, so we stuck to a digital format and showing off the physical form through video calls. I shared with her the digital aspect of my project, the site I created with the photos I edited to make them seem like they were displayed in a white museum gallery. Shaylee helped me refine the site that the figurines were displayed, streamlining the process and making it easier to access. We also talked about changing descriptions as well. Additionally, I showed her how the gift would open and be presented and we refined that process as well. Finally, I also allowed my sister to open the gift, giving her free reign of the project with little instruction. She figured out how to open it with ease, and understood the gift being the figurines. The way to get to the digital aspect will be via QR code on the back of the theatre.