Adventures Across the Pond

Buckingham Palace

Looking back at our trip to London, all I can think about is the fun I had even with all of the unexpected hiccups along the way, the weather, threats of the trip being cut short from the coronavirus outbreak; its amazing how we managed to get everything done and more. There was so much to see there. I loved the constant juxtaposition of the old and contemporary around every corner. The city felt like a big mix of different people and places all in one place. With our hotel being as close as it was to major city centers, having the ability to travel by public transit everywhere was fun. I even enjoyed walking at least 5 extra miles every evening with Eric to see more parts of the city than the group had scheduled. I think the coolest activity was our day trip out to the countryside and Salisbury. Seeing the cathedral there was breathtaking. Gothic works are so detailed and intricate, and it is amazing to be there and think about what it would have been like to build it. Overall, I enjoyed making new friends and experiencing a new culture, food, and place. Even though England is an English speaking place, i enjoyed how when you get comfortable for a second, you find something that is different and reminds you that you’re in a new place. I really enjoyed the opportunity to go, I would definitely come back in the future!

Westminster Abbey at Night

Salisbury Cathedral

Contemporary Buildings and the Shard

Sunset at Kew Gardens