Jack’s Day 1 Blog Post

Ever since I applied for this class and was accepted I couldn’t wait to see Saint Paul’s because of it being such an iconic landmark of London for its beautiful architecture and astronomical scale. Therefore, not having to wait the whole trip to see it was definitely a bonus as well. When we first arrived I was immediately blown away by the scale of things but also by just how ornate and detailed every inch of the cathedral was. There wasn’t a missing detail and nothing looked anything less than perfect. We ventured up to the golden gallery first which definitely wasn’t made with the thought of taller people. However by the time you got up there the views were breathtaking. It was also somewhat scary thinking you were that high up and just a railing was there to stop you if you tripped however I became more and more comfortable and got the take in the amazing panoramic views. Overall, Saint Paul’s was everything I thought it would be and more. Now I am excited to see Westminster Abbey and how it compares to Saint Paul’s. I am sure it will be equally fantastic and cannot wait to see Henry VII’s chapel with its one of a kind ceiling.

Northern End of the Transepts

St. Paul’s Dome

Gates leading into the choir