Blog 1

I was thinking about the question Aimee asked at the British museum and I was thinking about those kind of questions the entire time I was at the museum before, as well. I think it is not okay that they took the pieces from all of the places around the world. The museum was extremely beautiful and grand and I really appreciated the artifacts as they were but I could feel myself becoming more and more uncomfortable thinking about how they took the pieces. That being said, I think they did a great job at displaying everything that they stole from other people and providing a vast amount of information about every piece and making sure they are cared and treated for. Although, some of the artifacts captions had a fancy way of saying that they were stolen sprinkled into the paragraph. My friends and I are planning on going back to the museum when it is dark to look around more at places that we did not see and to look at everything in anew perspective. Although difficult, I enjoyed sketching the ceiling of the British Museum. You got to look at the detail of the ceiling and understand where the beams were and how the pattern of the structure comes together to form such an extraordinary clerestory.