Luke’s pre-departure thoughts

I’ll be arriving in London today and I can hardly wait. There are so many things that I have to look forward to that it’s hard to remember everything that we have planned. However, there are several experiences I am most looking forward to.

One such thing is visiting the British Museum. I am a big fan of museums and as such, being able to visit the British museum is an opportunity worth today’s 3 am alarm.

Another part of our trip that I am looking forward to is our day trip to see Stonehenge. Although I have seen pictures of it, I get a feeling that seeing it in person will be a completely different experience. The age of Stonehenge alone is enough to make me pause in awe, not to mention the fact that those super-heavy stones were transported miles and miles to end up where they are now.

Another aspect of our trip that I am looking forward to is Kew Gardens. Even though this winter hasn’t been particularly cold, I cannot wait to go inside the greenhouse and see some plants with actual leaves on them. The vast diversity of species at Kew Gardens is amazing; this trip, more than likely, will be my only opportunity to see many of these plants from all over the world in person. 

Although those three things come first to mind when I consider what I am looking forward to most, they are by no means the only things I am looking forward to. I would be hard pressed to think of anything occurring on this trip that I am not excited for.