Secrets of St. Paul’s

The first day in London brought us to the grand St. Paul’s Cathedral. As I was walking through and exploring the cathedral my intrigue was exploited when I got to the back of the apse. They had dedicated that area with a inscription to the American soldiers that lost their lives fighting in WWII. As an American, I was shocked that I didn’t know that our soldiers had this honor, especially with St. Paul’s being a very famous cathedral. It was really moving to find this and I decided to sketch the inscription so I would remember this secret about St. Paul’s as I look back on this experience.

The inscription at the back of the Apse

One thought on “Secrets of St. Paul’s

1. I heard someone outside of St Paul’s after we had left mention the piece dedicated to the soldiers in WWII and I was disappointed that I didn’t see this. I think they had closed off that area before I made it there so I missed it. It sounds so powerful and I wish I could have saw it in person. I think that your sketch is a really great way to capture the feeling and the meaning behind the dedication and it was great way to document it. What I did see if St Paul’s was fantastic and really beautiful so I am not disappointed in the experience but I did wish I would have got to see all of the parts of the cathedral.