Artifacts

My academic and career interests revolve around my interest in medicine. As a result, the object that I associate most closely with my career goal is one that doctors would use. A stethoscope is a prime example of that.

In high school, my interest in medicine snowballed. The dissections my biology teacher guided us through excited me. While most of my classmates were disgusted during our squid dissection, I was amazed that the creature in my hand once propelled itself like a jet through the ocean in search of food.

My interest in biology spawned curiosity about a future career in medicine. To understand the workday of a doctor, I shadowed doctors at La Clinica Latina, a free health clinic geared towards providing medical assistance to underprivileged Latinos. Over the year that I have spent at the clinic, I have been a fly-on-the-wall during some remarkable patient-doctor conversations.

The Heart Walk was an event I did with bio-sci scholars was a lot of fun and helped me strengthen and create new friendships. The heart walk is a 3 mile walk to combat heart disease and stroke and was set up by the american heart association. To participate in the walk, money had to be raised.

Sophomore year:

This year, I focused on not only growing academically but also growing in my interests. As a result, I focused more on my interest in music, specifically music production. I currently work with college dance teams around the country to produce their dance mixes. As my multimedia artifact, I am going to link my soundcloud profile that has links to the mixes I have made for teams. soundcloud.com/rahul528