Week 9-10: Self Portraits

So this is my self-portrait. I tried to keep it as simple as possible while still putting in layers. The most obvious part to this would be the bride and groom emoji represent my wife and me. The next layer in this would be the background. I tried to find a way to show my aversion to sleep, I tell my wife all the time that if I could survive without sleeping, I would. I do welcome sleep when I am tired but I would go without if possible. The next step would be the baseball player and he represents the love that I have for sports. Not just baseball, though I do enjoy it and played it when I was younger. But I also enjoy watching basketball, football and hockey. The next addition to this photo would be changing the baseball player’s bat into a lightsaber. I enjoy many different science fiction and fantasy stories, but Star Wars is my favorite. Therefore, I used the simple step of adding some layers of lines and giving them blur and outer glow and changing the colors to blue to make it look like it is a lightsaber that he is swinging. The final addition to this image is the Apple Logo that is in the position to make it look like it was hit off the baseball player’s lightsaber bat. I have always been passionate about and good with technology. I have also had the wonderful opportunity of working for Apple for almost 3 years now and so they have been an important part of my life throughout that time and a definite part of my identity. I tried to make this as simple as possible while trying to encompass as many things about myself as I could since I enjoy a minimal aesthetic.