I am a student at The Ohio State University pursuing an undergraduate degree in Industrial Systems and Engineering with a minor in Economics. I am a part of the honors society at OSU and have been given multiple scholarships to attend school here. I have 4th year status at OSU, but plan on graduating in 2020 due to my recent change in major from Materials Science and Engineering to Industrial Systems and Engineering. At this point in my career, I am searching for suitable Internships or co-op opportunities in manufacturing which will allow me to gain the experience necessary to further my career.

In May of 2013, I was hired for my first ever job as a lifeguard for the Cincinnati Recreation Commission. To become a lifeguard I went through a week long lifeguard and CPR training session. I also choose to complete Water Safety Instructor training, which allowed me to become a swim lesson instructor, and swim team coach. My duties as a lifeguard included teaching swim lessons to kids ages 5-10, coaching swim team for kids ages 5-15, and keeping the pool was safe by being proactive and stopping dangerous behavior. After four years of reliable and diligent life-guarding, I was promoted to Assistant Manager of Mt. Washington pool. As assistant manager I mentored the younger guards, opened and closed the pool, calculated the daily revenue, and ensured that the pool operated smoothly by communicating effectively, maintaining a positive work environment, and resolving any problems that arose. I am very grateful for my opportunity to work for the Cincinnati Recreation Commission as I was able to learn valuable management skills while giving back to the community.

The first job I had within the manufacturing field started earlier this year. I worked as a Business Logistics Intern for the BMW Manufacturing Corporation. During my first few weeks on the job, I received DISC and Strengths Finder training which helped me work well with my coworkers and will continue to help me in furture jobs. My job duties included using VBA Programming to format Macros in Excel and compling this data into Excel spreadsheets to organize statistics and highlight logistical issues. I also ran meetings to ensure the BMW X3 and X4 series test cars received designated parts at the correct time and place. This job was by far the most interesting of my career, as I got to use the skills I learned in school, working with VBA programming, data analysis, and Microsoft programs, to support the production of the new BMW series cars. I hope to use the experience I gained during this internship to help me receive and excel in future job offers in manufacturing.