Week 3 Assignment

Tiny World Class Participation

My Tiny World:

I think space definitely has a personality. Just look at the rooms and houses of different people and you can tell the different personalities and styles of the space. They vary from person to person and even room to room. If you go to a spa there will be usually neutral tones and calm music playing. I think the personality of a spa is definitely calm and relaxing and its personality mimics its function. Compare the spa room to an office building, there will be two completely different feelings because the different rooms serve a different person. Certain personalities of rooms can strike people different ways. If someones walks into a spa room it is going to make them feel more relaxed and less stressed.

My room makes me feel happy and comfortable because I decorated it in such a way to make me feel those things. I am very connected to my space and I think we share the same personality. I love the beach and I am a very relaxed and laid back person. This is reflected in my room through lots of shades of blues, grays, and whites that gives a relaxed and chill feeling. I love the ocean and beach and my room shows that through a big ocean tapestry, starfish, and pictures of the ocean and beach. My room is not cluttered but is not completely clean and tidy either which also mimics my laidback style. I am able to relax and be myself in my room, I am there all the time and because my room is such an accurate reflection of who I am I think I connect to it more.

I picked a panorama picture from a hike I went on last fall. I picked this picture because the way the landscape was, it would be very easy to blend the two ends together and make it look realistic. The cut out of me does not match the scenery at all but it was one of the only pictures of me by myself from above. It was hard to get the clouds just right, a lot of times the clouds looked way too much like a pattern so I had to mess with them a lot to make them more natural and spontaneous but overall I think I was able to complete this project with confidence. I think I should have picked a panorama with less going on so it looked more clean like the one we did in class.