Extra Credit: PS Challenge

I changed the eyes to a blueish color and the hair to a lilac color. I just Googled how to change eye color and how to change hair color and used the first tutorial that came up. It was super easy to follow and actually combined all the stuff we learned in class, I just did not think of how to combine all the aspects. The hair color tutorial was about the same as the eye color tutorial, it was just on the hair instead.

Eye color: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/eye-color/

Hair color: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/hair-color/

For the eyes I used the quick selection tool to select the colored parts of the eyes (the iris and pupil). I first did the right eye then held down shift for the left eye, though I am not sure I had to do that because I used quick select instead of the lasso that was used in the tutorial. After I had the selection I needed for the eyes, I made a new hue/saturation adjustments layer by clicking the adjustments layer mask at the bottom of the layers panel. I messed with the hue and saturation until I found a color that looked somewhat realistic and that I liked. I selected colorize on the adjustments layer and set the blend mode to color. This definitely made the color pop more. On the adjustment layer mask I just a black brush to clean up around the iris so there was no color/adjustments made to the whites of the eyes. I also used the black brush on the black part of the eye so the pupil did not look blue too.

For the hair I used the same process, used quick select on the hair and made a hue/saturation adjustment mask. I did a light purple grayish color because I recently saw a color like that on Instagram and it looked cool. I also selected colorize and made the blend mode color but I lowered the opacity for a more subtle effect. I used the black brush on the adjustment layer to clean up the edges of the hair. The color looks kind of weird on the hair line on the forehead so I think I could have cleaned that up a little better. Overall I thought the process was pretty easy and encompassed a lot of the stuff we learned in class.