Year in Review

My second year at Ohio State passed by so quickly. I can’t believe that I’ll be a third year going into fall semester. A lot has changed throughout the year and a lot has stayed the same. My academics have played a big role in my second year. After a not so great first year, I know that I needed to focus and improve my grades especially with challenging classes like organic chemistry. My classes for this year consisted of pre-med requirements, major requirements, and finishing up minor classes. With a lot of hard work and studying, my GPA improved. I’m proud of my academic work this semester.

This was my second and last year in the International Affairs Scholar program. I have enjoyed my time with IA, but I am glad to move on and focus on other things. I also participated in the Second-year Transformational Experience Program otherwise known as STEP. I just submitted my proposal a few weeks ago for my project, a study abroad program in Paris, France. STEP has made this project possible and I am very thankful for this. A new change this year was my first job. I started working at the front desk of my dorm in October. I have overall enjoyed this change and the new communication skills and responsibility that came along with it. I continued volunteering at the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center during this school year. I volunteered as an ambassador who would escort visitors and patients around the medical center. I appreciate an opportunity like this where I can learn more about the medical center.

Looking forward to this summer and next year, I am very excited about what will come next. At the end of May, I will leave to spend six week living and studying in Paris, France. This is such an amazing opportunity to not only finish my French minor, but to learn more about a language and country that I’m interested in. In the autumn, I am able to take some major classes which I am really looking forward to, along with finishing up pre-med requirements. I am excited for what the rest of my college career holds for me.