Spring has arrived and so have the sights and sounds of baby chicks and baby bunnies. Whether you are looking outside, walking through the holiday/seasonal section at the store, or viewing the live animals for sale at your local farm store, bunnies are easy to find.
A No-Sew Sock Bunny is an easy craft for Cloverbuds. It also provides the opportunity to share additional information about the benefits and responsibility of owning and caring for your own animal.
- Permanent Marker (fine point tip)
- Rubber bands
- Use the cup and funnel to pour rice into the sock up to the bottom of the heel. Use a rubber band to seal off the sock and keep the rice inside.
- Use a rubber band to section off the head from the body of the bunny.
- Depending on the length of the sock, part of the unused sock may need trimmed to shorten the ears of the rabbit. Use the scissors to cut the sock into two ears above the head and trim each ear to have a curved tip to the ear.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it around the neck of the bunny to hide the rubber band.
- Use the permanent marker to mark one small dot for each eye and mark an X for the mouth of the bunny.
- Make a tail using a small rubber band to section off a small part of the back of the bunny’s body to form a round tail. You can also glue part of a white cotton ball to the bunny as an alternative tail option.
*Adjustments may be necessary based on the size of sock utilized for the craft.