STAFF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD
The CFAES SAC Staff Professional Development Award is funded through support from donations from current and former employees. It is offered to help supplement the costs associated with travel and fees for professional development opportunities for staff of the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. This is a one-time reimbursement for expenses related to professional development activities, not to exceed $500. Please note, the award is up to $500, and we may opt to award a partial request (e.g. $250 of a $500 ask) depending on the full range of submissions and awards.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded twice per year. The deadline for the first round is June 15, 2018. The application deadline for the second round is December 1, 2018. This second round will allow staff to apply for funding for professional development that may occur later in the fiscal year that they might not be aware of early in the fiscal year.
Staff Professional Development Award Timeline
STAFF RECOGNITION AWARDS
The Shirley Brooks-Jones Citizenship Award ($500)
Awarded to a staff member who:
- Provides outstanding and ongoing excellence in services to faculty, staff, students and/or others.
- Enhances the quality of work-life in ways that makes a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Develops creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient college operations.
- Contributes to positive changes in the college.
- Promotes the college core values and college goals. College core values are: discovery, life-long learning, science-based knowledge, academic freedom, civility, professionalism, and diversity. College goal is to be the standard of excellence for colleges of agricultural and environmental sciences.
Above and Beyond Awards
- Key Values Award – A service award for dedication, cooperation and positive attitudes in the workplace. Nominations for staff members within first (3) years of employment
- Innovation Award – For developing and/or participating in project initiatives and/or process operations improvements that enhances CFAES, Extension, ATI or OARDC and its mission.
- Special Recognition – For going above and beyond job duties, for having special commitment to tasks, positive customer service and improving workplace communications.
Staff Recognition Award Timeline
All awards applications are to be sent to Staff Advisory Council Awards Committee c/o Joy Bauman, CFAES Center for Cooperatives, 1864 Shyville Road, Piketon, OH 45611 or email to email@example.com.
RECOGNIZE SOMEONE TODAY
The OUTSTANDING U! Staff Recognition Program is a special program that acknowledges the tremendous efforts and contributions staff make to The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. OUTSTANDING U! provides individual recognition for outstanding service and actions for more casual day-to-day performance.
Any CFAES staff member may be recognized as an OUTSTANDING U! recipient by anyone (supervisor, peer, student or clientele). Click here to complete the form.
Forms are reviewed and recipients are notified. Awardees receive a certificate and letter of acknowledgement from CFAES Vice President and Dean.
For specific questions about this program, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other CFAES STAFF ADVISORY COUNCIL activities, visit go.osu.edu/cfaessac.