Nominations for the 2020 Robert C. Palmer Outstanding Staff Award are now open! Submit a nomination to recognize an amazing CBC staff member by December 16, 2020. The guidelines and nomination form are here.
The department is organizing two donation collections this holiday season! Please consider donating if you are able.
The first is a toy collection for Franklin County Children Services Holiday Wish program. Holiday Wish collects new toys each winter for over 6,000 children who may have experienced abuse, neglect or other difficult home conditions.
Toy tags with specific requests can be picked up from 1118 NW, 202 CBEC, or Emily in 784A Bio Sci. Holiday Wish has two Amazon Wish Lists with ideas.
Drop off unwrapped toy donations by December 9th in 110 Celeste, 1118 NW, 202 CBEC, or 784A Bio Sci.
The second is a collection of warm clothing and toiletries for donation to the Clintonville Community Resource Center and Neighborhood Services, Inc. Both of these organizations provide food and material assistance to persons in need in the Columbus community. Please drop off donations in 110 Celeste, 1118 NW, 202 CBEC, or 784A Bio Sci by December 20th.
Gently used and new clothing is accepted. Suggested donations include:
- Winter coats
- Sweaters and long-sleeved shirts
- Scarves, hats, and gloves
- NEW underwear and socks
- Bath soap
- Pads and tampons
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Toilet paper and paper towels
Contact Holly Wheaton.4 or Jackie Lipphardt.3 with questions. We thank you for your generosity!
CBSAC is soliciting nominations for the Robert C. Palmer Outstanding Staff Award! Any faculty, staff, or student can submit a nomination to recognize one of our amazing staff. Nominations are due by December 6, 2019. The complete guidelines and nomination form are available here.
We’ve officially (and finally!) updated the CBSAC blog! Here, you’ll find information about professional development funds, staff awards, and CBSAC events. In recent years, CBSAC has concentrated on creating staff events to promote positive staff-to-staff communication and a sense of community in CBC. While we plan to keep those traditions alive and well, we will also be concentrating on many other CBSAC goals; including…
- Broadening university-wide communications and understanding through our relationships with the College of Arts and Sciences Staff Advisory Committee as well as the University Staff Advisory Committee.
- Create activities and promote a CBC community involving staff, faculty, and graduate students of the department
- Promoting staff professional development through education opportunities and resources
- Promoting Health & Wellness initiatives throughout the department
Our goal is to broaden the scope of CBSAC, by utilizing College and University resources and ideas, involving more staff in our discussions, and creating a more positive, open environment for all to feel safe and accepted in.