The Robert C. Palmer Outstanding Staff Award is presented annually to recognize exceptional accomplishments, leadership, and service to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and its mission.
All staff with a minimum of one year of service as of June 1, 2022 in a regular, non-faculty position in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry are eligible for nomination. Current members of CBSAC are eligible for nomination.
The award recipient will be selected on the merits and strengths of the following:
- Providing continuing and superior excellence in services to faculty, staff, and students of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Developing creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department operations.
- Promoting the mission and vision of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry in unique and creative methods that enhance the working environment of members of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Palmer Award nominations and support letters may be submitted by any student, staff, or faculty member. Self-nominations are not accepted. Nominations and support letters are due by Monday, May 31, 2022.
Nominations must include:
- A completed nomination form.
- A nominating letter citing the specific accomplishments and services of the nominee.
- Additional letters of support are not required but are allowed and encouraged. Support letters should come from those who can cite specific examples of the contributions and/or impact the nominee has made. If the primary nominator is not the supervisor, a letter of support from the supervisor is highly encouraged. Support letters can be uploaded below by the primary nominator or by the letter writer.
The Department Chair will convene a committee of faculty to select the awardee.
Robert C. Palmer Outstanding Staff Award Presentation
The Robert C. Palmer Outstanding Staff Award consists of the following:
- An inscribed nameplate on the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department Outstanding Staff Plaque, which will be displayed in a conspicuous location of honor.
- A certificate with the name of the honoree and the year of presentation signed by the Chair of the Chemistry and Biochemistry Staff Advisory Committee and the Department Chair.
- A post-tax monetary award of $750.00.
The award presentation will be made at a department celebration in late Spring/early Summer 2022.
2020 – Amy Moore and Walter Williams
2019 – Jennifer Hambach and Tanya Whitmer
2018 – Larry Antal
2017 – Irene George
2016 – Angie Miller and Tim Henthorne
2015 – John Herrington
2014 – Judy Galluci
2013 – Cynthia Hatfield
2011 – Eric Heine
2010 – Kathleen Veit
2009 – Dale Karweik
2008 – Judith Brown
2007 – Susan Krumm
2006 – Linda Sheckler
2005 – Kevin Dill
2004 – Susan Styron
2003 – Mary Bailey
1994 – Marcia Gordon, Jerry Hoff
1993 – Anna Manz, Johnny Royal
1992 – Barb Bennett, Penny Nedblake
1991 – Bobbie Cessity, Bob Tatz
1990 – Mary Bailey, Donna Rothe
1988 – Jim Brooke, Pam Fondren
1987 – Lee Stout, Stan Weaver
1985 – Tom Ruff
1984 – Paul Gault