Andre Carrel is an assistant professor of transportation systems at The Ohio State University and a member of the university’s Translational Data Analytics Institute.
His research interests include:
- Understanding the influence of autonomous, shared, and alternative-fuel transportation technologies on travel behavior
- Incorporating the effect of past experiences and habits into travel behavior and demand models
- Leveraging new data collection technologies to improve the collection of travel behavior data
- Understanding and mitigating the effect of unreliability on public transportation passengers and operations
- Designing new operating models for public transportation, shared mobility systems and freight systems that make use of connected vehicle and automation technologies
- Understanding the interaction between supply chain management strategies, shopping behavior, and travel demand
- Acquisition and statistical analysis of large-scale data sets from emerging data sources to understand and influence traveler choices and facilitate the design, operations and monitoring of transportation and logistics systems.