Welcome to the website of Dr. Andre Carrel!
Dr. Carrel is an assistant professor of transportation systems at The Ohio State University, with a joint appointment in Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering and City and Regional Planning. He is a core faculty member of the OSU Translational Data Analytics Institute.
His research interests include:
- Travel behavior shifts caused by individuals’ day-to-day travel experiences, such as travelers’ adaptation to variable service quality and travel times
- Incorporating the effect of past experiences and habits into travel demand models
- Effects of vehicle electrification, shared transportation services, and Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) technology on travel behavior and vehicle ownership
- Interactions between Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and travel behavior
- Innovative combinations of automatically collected data and survey data to enable new perspectives on traveler decision-making