In case you missed it, U.OSU released two new themes in 2016 (Oxley and Orton) to fit a variety of needs, giving you a total of five unique layouts to choose from.
If you’re unfamiliar with U.OSU, just think of it as a free website platform that utilizes features from WordPress, making it easy for you to update and manage your own university- and college-branded web space. U.OSU lets faculty, staff and students share independent work, host course assignments, enhance project visibility, communicate within groups and represent their organizations. And it’s entirely free!
- The Ohio State Dark theme is great for a high-contrast blog site, letting the most recent posts really pop on the page.
- The Ohio State Light theme is popular for hosting academic materials, thanks to the side navigation running along the page.
- The Oval theme includes space for a photo header so you can customize the look and feel of the landing page for your site.
- One of the latest themes, Oxley, gives you the option to include feature images, or photo headers, to your posts. This layout is ideal when visuals are a prominent portion of your stories.
- Another new theme, Orton, is designed as an online portfolio space. Use this theme to showcase your projects in the office or the classroom.