Hello,

My name is Sydney Alda and I’m from Rochester Michigan. I am a first year Biological major, with a pre-med track, and am also part of the Biological Sciences Scholars program.50348c76-9fb1-4262-b1ec-444146473d5d

I spent most of my high school career focusing on the sciences. My most influential class was anatomy and physiology. Not only did the class itself teach me about the human body andinspire me to consider  a path towards medicine, but it allowed me to study at a veterinary clinic and learn more about animal biology and clinical work.

I chose to join the Bio Sci Scholars program because I was looking for a community of like minded people who were focued on the biological sciences. I knew Ohio State was a big school, and becoming part of a community from the start appealed to me. The program also offered many benefits which I knew would help me in the furture. I was inclined to chose the Biological Sciences program because I enjoy biology and wanted to be with others who shared my love for the study of living things.

I hope to grow as a student and narrow down the type of doctor I want to be through classes and research positions. I also hope to participate in volunteer work and join clubs and classes that expand my academic career as well as challenge myself to become a better student.

I’m looking forward to my first year at Ohio State! Go Bucks