Artifacts

Artifact #1

For my first artifact, I chose my water polo suit from high school. My water polo suit is special to me because it brings up a lot of memories. Water polo has been important to my personal development and it continually challenges me to overcome my weaknesses. Throughout water polo, my confidence and leadership skills have grown immensely. Water polo also is special to me because I have made some of my best friends through water polo and it brings me joy when playing the game. After a hard day at school, water polo helps be relax and unwind. I’m glad that I decided to play club water polo here at tOSU so I can continue to relax after classes, make new friends, and grow as a person.

Artifact #2

One experience that has been meaningful to me during my first semester here at college has been joining The Society for Women in Engineering(SWE) and getting a Big through SWE’s Big/Little Program. Initially when I came to OSU, I struggled a little bit because despite the fact that the number of women in engineering is growing, there still are not that many women that are pursuing Mechanical Engineering. When I joined SWE, I was immediately a part of large group of women who are passionate about engineering and are willing to support me as I pursue engineering. I decided that receiving a mentor through SWE’s Big/Little program would be beneficial for me as I work toward achieving my academic goals. Getting my Big has been important to me as I’ve gained a new friend and someone who understands what I am going through and is able to guide me as I pursue my major.