What events, interactions, relationships, or activities during your STEP Signature Project led to the change/transformation that you discussed in #2, and how did those affect you?

1.)    The first thing that led to my transformation of me personally was my internship experience and getting to visit with farmers. I was able to learn a lot about myself and the experience visiting with other farmers is what helped me realize I wanted to be in sales. I really enjoyed this experience because I got to learn from farmers about ways I can get better and become more knowledgeable. This is what also led to my views on the world change because I saw and got to experience different ways of thinking about agriculture in another part of the country. This experience was crucial for me.

Another experience that led to this transformation was my connections and relationships I made with other interns and co-workers. I met a lot of great people and interns from all over the country this summer and I really enjoyed this. This also gave me insight into ways people do things in different parts of the country. It opened my eyes and made me think about agriculture more openly. I intend to keep these relationships up throughout my lifetime so I can learn more from these connections. This was a very critical part of my experience.

Lastly, the knowledge I gained about agriculture in general was very important for me. I learned so much from this internship through customers, co-workers, and other connections. I learned how to manage others efficiently, many different agronomic concepts, and more open minded about agriculture now. The relationship I made with customers was awesome and I still keep up with one of them now as well as my co-workers. This internship made me realize the route I want to take in agriculture.