Columbus To Do List: Part 2

Columbus Commons Park

Topiary Park

Goodale Park

Columbus Commons Park was a pretty cool park that was located between a lot of buildings. Due to the fact that it was surrounded by a lot of buildings, but was a large public figural void in the heart of the city gave it a very scaled down Central Park feeling. Since we were there when there wasn’t much going on, it was not exactly a very exciting park. The construction also took away from the park feeling. However, if we were to go there for a concert, fair, or other event in that space, the park would be very cool to experience then. Topiary Park was another park that we visited. The park has a different feel than the Columbus Commons Park because it was behind the library, and the park was very quiet and serene. There was not much to do at this park, and it was kind of boring. The topiary bushes were cool, and I decided to take a selfie with a dog topiary, which was pretty cool too. The best feature in the park is the pond, but the design of the park is really cool because it is based on the painting A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. The park would be a nice place to read a book, but is not too exciting other than that. The last park we visited was Goodale Park by the Short North. I had been to this park multiple times before for various occasions. This park is my favorite park that I have been to here in Columbus, despite the look on my face in the picture. The houses around the park are all very nice, making it a nice residential area. The pond by the northeast corner of the park is a very nice feature of the park. This park is perfect for people to bring their dogs which is the best part about any park. If there are dogs at a park, its okay in my book. There is also a lot of space for activities like playing tennis on the tennis courts or to throw a frisbee around. Goodale park is in a nice location, close to the short north, and is a fantastic place that I would love to spend some more time at. Throughout visiting all these parks in the city of Columbus, I got to see a lot of the city that I had not already seen, even though I have seen a large portion of it in my other classes and activities. By going to these parks, I want to visit some more of these parks in my spare time and hang out with some friends at the parks. The best part about visiting these parks, is the number of food places that I discover along the way there which is pretty nice too. If someone was to try to complete the same list of parks to visit, I would definitely recommend taking a large portion of time at these parks so you can fully understand and enjoy your time while there. There is a lot of history at these parks, and plenty of spaces for entertainment, making them very enjoyable.