Introducing Me

img_9869

My name is Baylee Scott and I am a freshman at the Ohio State University and a member of the Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship scholars program. I plan on majoring in Marketing and minoring in Fashion and Retail Studies. I graduated summa cum laude from the largest high school in Ohio, William Mason, in a class of nearly 900 students.

My most influential extracurriculars were National Art Honors Society and OMA (Opening Minds through Art). Through these two organizations I was able to direct a mural painting for my school and work at a nursing home alongside elders with dementia and expand their understanding through individualized art projects.

I am a social media intern for a blog based in Portland, Oregon, Velvet + Vinyl. We describe ourselves as “a style and music blog for bold, creative women” and our posts as “love letters to fashion enthusiasts, pioneers of new music and rebellious creatives”. My role on the team is to maintain and promote our social media sites in order to grow our following. We have worked with photographers, fashion labels, music artists, aspiring fashion designers, and digital artists. Our goal is to connect with and inspire women who aren’t afraid to take their dreams by the hand and follow them with full force.