women in science- Adrian Evans

This lecture was very interesting for me and I have been anticipating from the time I read our guest speakers on the class syllabus. As a woman in science it is very easy to see how that even today it is still uncommon for woman to credited with ground breaking research and/ or discover that impact the scientific community. This can be seen even more clearly when looking into the history of science and the lack of female presence in the those times and if they were given credit it was for very small acts. I found Mary Anning to be extremely interesting woman as her fossil discoveries started from a very young age and continued throughout her life. It is unfortunate to see that many of her discoveries were not credited to her as the people she had sold them to put the work in their name.  I hope that as we continue to move forward in learning about the history of science many of the woman that made large impacts will get fully credited to the work and time that they put into their  respective fields.