First Day in Santiago

Walking up the narrow and uneven stairs of Santa Lucia was definitely worth the view at the top. It took a while, but along the way I stopped at a nice vendor to buy a strawberry slushy which cooled me down. Along the way up, I noticed a lot Chileans using the benches and casually socializing. I find it interesting that a lot of Chileans like to find places to sit down and simply have a chat. The pace is much slower in Chile that I have noticed. The view at the top was amazing. The 360 degree view of Santiago was one of the best views I have seen from an elevated surface. With no clouds in the sky, the sun was definitely beating down on my skin and I am getting more tan. Walking through downtown Santiago made me realize that there is a mix of old and new buildings. The newer buildings I realized are usually office buildings or department stores. I love the architecture of the old buildings better than the new buildings because it gives me a better taste of the Chilean culture. Also, I love the bright colors of the old buildings because it really stands out from the cool- toned buildings surrounding them. Can’t wait to see more architecture tomorrow!