Day 2: The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

My drawing of 4 different shades of the wooden statue in the chapel

Today, March 11, marks a day that will echo throughout the ages. Not really but today was pretty cool. The breakfast this morning was a lot better than I excepted really. Had some grapes and stuff and I was very impressed. I was also impressed by how easy the subways work here. I’ve used subways all over Spain and the U.S. and I found the subways here to be surprisingly simple and easy to use. It was really cool to see the “Chilean London and New York”. I thought it was really cool that they wanted to add some diversity to the local architecture and bring some outside elements into the city. The presidential palace was also really cool to see in person. Then when we went to the plaza de armas, I was a little overwhelmed by how many people were there. I wasn’t really expecting every single piece of shade to be taken, especially with how much shade there was. I thought it was kinda funny how many illegal things were going on there. I didn’t even considerĀ half of them while I was drawing. My favorite part of the day was probably either the cultural art museum or Santa Lucia. I was blown away with some of the views there and even the hill itself was gorgeous. It was definitely worth going to during our free time. I wouldn’t even mind going again!