Asya’s Bio

My name is Asya Shine and I am a fourth year Architecture major. I am from the Cleveland, Ohio area. My many interests include drawing, painting, sports, and food. I work at the Ohio Union Information desk and I work in Recruitment for our very own football team as an Athletic Host. I have not traveled much in my lifetime, but college has really opened doors for me to develop the passion. This past summer I went on the European Architecture study abroad program and was eager for another trip on another continent (my life goal is to get to all of them). This trip particularly interests me because I feel as if it is in a part of the world I know very little about. Throughout all of my schooling, including college, I have learned very little about South America, and this will give me the chance to learn and explore a little bit about it. In addition, I hope to take what I learn on this trip and educate others. I currently help run an organization in Knowlton called NOMAS. We are an educational group that tries to focus and promote diversity in design, and with this trip I will have new knowledge and resources to share with my peers.