About Me

My name is Jordan Rife, and I’m currently a third year studying Biomedical Engineering at OSU. I’m originally from Dayton Ohio where I graduated as valedictorian of my class at Northmont High School. I ran varsity cross country and track during my middle and high school years. I also competed on the swim team my senior year. I was captain of my cross country team and selected to represent our team in SALT (students in athletics leadership team). Outside of school, I spent time showing horses in 4-H and held several leadership positions over the eight years I spent with my club. I also enjoyed spending time with my dog, Molly, and taking her on runs.

While attending Ohio State, I’ve joined the Engineering Scholars group which has provide me with many volunteer opportunities and the chance to explore the city of Columbus. I’m also involved in SWE (Society of Women in Engineering) and BMES (Biomedical Engineering Society). I got involved in undergraduate research at the beginning of my sophomore year and have spent a lot of my free time between classes there ever since. In the lab I help assist my professor with his work on biomechanical engineering topics and just received a scholarship from the university to continue my work over the summer. I’m grateful for this opportunity as it has provided me with lots of hands on experience I’ll take with me in my future career. While studying at OSU I hope to graduate with a degree in Biomedical Engineering and get involved in the field. If the opportunity arises I’d like to either obtain a research position or even continue my studies in graduate school. I hope to become even more involved on campus and take advantage of all the opportunities it has to offer as I become more comfortable with the course load get into my element.