Meet Our Blogger: Anushka Patel

My name is Anushka and I graduated from The Ohio State University in 2017 with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing. During my time at Ohio State, I participated in the College of Nursing’s honors program where I completed a research thesis about medication adherence in African-American HIV-positive women. I appreciated my experience in creating my own research project through the College of Nursing because as I progress in my nursing career, I learn more and more everyday how important nurse-driven research is to the nursing practice. I worked as a patient care assistant at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in the float pool for 2 years and as the student ombudsperson of the College of Nursing. After graduating in 2017, I moved to Nashville, TN where I worked as a pediatric perioperative nurse for 3 years at Vanderbilt Medical Center. I gained extensive experience in orthopedic, ENT, ophthalmology, trauma, and general surgery. I served as a preceptor to new nurses, which fostered my love for teaching and goal to eventually teach nursing students. I also had the opportunity to participate in a surgical mission trip in Guatemala. The experience was fantastic and incredibly rewarding, so I hope to participate in more medical mission trips in the future. I enjoy delivering cultural competent and holistic care to patients and hope to increase diversity and representation in the nursing profession. I hope to gain clinical experience in other nursing specialties and eventually teach future nursing students. 

Anushka Patel is a 2017 graduate of The Ohio State University College of Nursing.

One thought on “Meet Our Blogger: Anushka Patel

1. The travel blogger spends a lot of effort in making the best blogs and videos for her social media handle. Our topic today is supposed to be the “machine/human interface. A part of a human that meet or join in a topologically simple way. https://www.faimission.org/