Meet Kate Best!

Hi there!

My name is Kate Best. I graduated from The Ohio State University College of Nursing in 2015 and have been working in the ICU Float Pool ever since! I grew up in a small city East of Cleveland called Chardon- I came to Columbus for school and never left! When I was 14, my sister was struck by a car and life-lighted to a Level 1 Trauma Center in Cleveland. She was diagnosed with a Traumatic Brain Injury. Watching the nurses’ positive impact and compassion along her road to recovery (she’s doing great!) inspired me to pursue a career in nursing. I’ve received a lot of great advice over the years, but the best has come from Dean Bern- practice wellness! My job gets SUPER stressful at times, so I balance out the stress with amazing hiking trips, daring climbing adventures, and relaxing camping trips… and cats.

Fun fact: I recently made a cat calendar featuring my cats and I!

Kate Best is a 2015 graduate of The Ohio State University College of Nursing. 

One thought on “Meet Kate Best!

1. Hi, Kate I am working on my family tree and I am sure we are cousins through your mothers family from Manhattan, Kansas. Iam sorry this is the only way I could find to contact you. I would love to chat about family history. my email is jamesnoble6913@yahgoo.com and I am James Edward Knirs on facebook. Hope to talk soon!