Artifacts

One of the most memorable and exciting moments of my freshman year at OSU thus far has been the Penn State vs. Ohio State football game. It’s been a week since this game took place, and I still cannot believe how amazing the experience was watching the Buckeyes come out on top with just minutes left in the 4th quarter. Pre-game, I was a very happy girl due to my boyfriend’s arrival on campus. I bought him a ticket for his birthday, and we were both anxious and ready to watch the highly anticipated Big Ten match up. Post-game, on the other hand, I had never been happier. Not only did I have my boyfriend with me, but I also shared the experience with two of my best friends. Despite standing in the freezing cold, my heart was so full of love that day. The game itself was an absolute dream; the Shoe was blacked out, the crowd was louder than ever, and each and every Buckeye fan in that stadium knew that somehow the team would find a way to win in the final seconds of the last quarter. When we scored that touchdown to win the game 39-38, the entire stadium erupted. I felt so lucky to be in the Shoe at that moment. As soon as that scoreboard hit zero, fans flooded the field in excitement. Unfortunately, by the time I made it down closer to the field, it was so crowded that I wasn’t able to make my way into the mass of black, scarlet, and gray. I will forever remember that night and how great it felt to celebrate with thousands of my fellow Buckeyes. The game is a constant reminder of how proud I am to call myself a Buckeye, forever and always.