Day One: Done

Me at Barbican Centre, my favorite part of the day.

I just got back to the hotel to unwind a little after a long day of walking around London. We stopped at the Building Center first, which displayed some new and ongoing projects that utilize modern engineering technology. Next we took a double decker bus to Barbican Centre. I thought that everything about Barbican Centere was incredible, especially the brutalist architecture style.

After Barbican, we took a break for lunch and to look at the Museum of London. Unfortunately I had to cut my time short at the museum, so I did not get to look at everything I wanted to see. Maybe I’ll go back when I have some more free time. Next, our group walked over to St. Paul’s Cathedral which was absolutely breathtaking. The most amazing part of the cathedral was the view from the top of the dome which required a grueling trek up many flights of stairs. One other aspect of the cathedral that had me in awe the entire time we were visiting was the attention to detail on all of the surfaces, such as near the altar or in the crypt. Overall, today was incredible to say the least. I’m exhausted after walking all day though I’m extremely excited to see what the rest of the trip us in store.