Candice’s First Day

I’m not trying to exaggerate but everything in London is the best. This is the first day in London and we started it by a fresh morning walking around the city. The Bedford Square is the first place that introduced me to London as a tightly designed city with architecture, streets and landscape organized harmoniously together. As we make our way to the Barbican, the views on the double deck bus totally overwhelmed me. The streets remain a simple Beige and Grayish tone while all the red bus and people with fancy dressing light up the whole picture. The Barbican is also amazing, as it flipped my cognition about typical Brutalism buildings. The solid, dark concrete still remain depressing, but the landscape and green vegetation are so welly blended in, so that the whole place gives a sacred sense. Later on, we visited St. Paul’s. The entire cathedral is decorative with exquisite details and the cathedral reveals itself in a totally symmetrical way. I did two sketches in St. Paul’s. One for the details and one for the amazing light and shadow in the crypt. However, no matter how much I tried, the beauty of St. Paul’s can not be recorded. The most exciting thing is visiting the chinatown in the evening and had some legit Chinese food. It’s unbelievable to find the feeling of returning home in a country that I’ve never been in. The weather is humid but it’s just like my hometown. All in all, London is the best!