Rachel’s Pre-Departure Post

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind! Between finishing projects for other classes, finalizing plans for our free time in London, doing laundry, and running to the store for travel-sized toothpaste, I’ve hardly had time to comprehend the idea that in just a twelve hours we will be on our way to London! Although I have been out of the country before, this will be my first time without my parents there to make sure I don’t forget anything or get lost in a foreign country – and I am honestly a little nervous. I cannot wait for the moment when I am seated on the plane and can breathe a sigh of relief as I drift off for a nice long nap!

With everything in my other classes beginning to wrap-up, and my to-do list growing shorter, I am able to take some time to gather my thoughts and emotions for this trip. The more time I spend packing, the more excited I get! I’m ready to experience another new culture and excited to have the freedom to go explore the city on our own time. I’m excited to be able to experience the many buildings I have been learning about the past two years. Along with my many classes, I am hopeful that taking time to sketch will give me a new appreciation for these spaces. My pencils are sharpened and I have plenty of pages waiting to be filled!