Simon’s Bio

My name is Simon.

I am a second-year graduate student in the Master of Architecture program and work as a graduate assistant involved with Knowlton’s building structure courses. I earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Akron in 2016 and completed EI certification in my time between graduating and beginning my studies at Ohio State. I have worked in the field of structural engineering while an undergraduate student, performing design and drafting work in the telecommunications sector. My work primarily involved designing and producing construction drawings for cell tower modifications and reinforcements in steel, and I also helped to design concrete foundations, site plans, antenna connections and reinforcements for failing buildings.

I enjoy learning about contemporary art and the progression of art history from modern art to that of today. I am an avid consumer of music, and the musicians’ work I have liked most recently includes that from: Converge, Bjork, Say Anything, Charli XCX, Chopin, Mogwai, Autechre, Radiohead and Elliott Smith among many others. I also enjoy driving cars, fishing, building models and woodworking.

As I am interested in the confluence of architecture and engineering, I am looking forward to seeing various works by designers of the high-tech architecture movement, such as Foster and Rogers. Denton Corker Marshall’s field of columns and canopy for the Stonehenge visitor center should be interesting to investigate. The Tate Modern is one of the best opportunities around the world to view major works by contemporary artists, and the turbine hall along with H&deM’s new addition will be exciting architectural experiences. The opportunity to visit an architecture firm’s office will certainly be valuable as well. The city itself will likely be a fitting place to view street art and practice street photography.

Me.