Loraine Alvarez’s Bio

Hello everyone! My name is Loraine Alvarez and I’m currently a second-year student majoring in Landscape architecture. I was born and raised in the Dominican Republic, but moved to the United States when I was eight years old. After moving to the U.S. I lived in the Bronx, New York for about a year and then moved to Lorain, Ohio which has been my hometown for the past ten years. Lorain is a small town approximately 20 minutes from Cleveland.

Since an early age, my parents took me to a lot of places here in the U.S. and in my native country, so I became very curious in one day having the opportunity to travel abroad and be able to explore all the amazing places this world offers us. Last semester I became interested in the London and Culture spring trip because since 11th grade I’ve been fascinated by England’s architecture and famous landmarks. London is a city rich in history and diversity and being able to experience that and see their multiple architectural wonders in real life is just amazing!

Besides being excited to learn about their incredible architectural history, I’m also excited to be able to experience a new culture. It’s so interesting to visit a city such as London and be able to see how diversity plays such a big role throughout many important places around the world.

Me at Baldwin Wallace University