Candice’s Bio

Hi everyone,

I’m Jingyuan Wu and I would like to be called Candice. I’m from Wenzhou, a city at the the southern part of China. I’m now a junior, majoring in architecture. My hobbies include swimming, drawing, watching movies and etc.

When I was a freshman in high school I visit US during my summer break. That’s the first time I experience the fascination of meeting different cultures and people. I was visiting most of the important cities in US, including L.A., San Francisco, NYC, Washington DC, and Boston. I stayed in Boston for one week for a summer program that have students coming from all over the world. After that trip, I developed interest in traveling to different places. During my college life here at OSU, I still try to visit different cities on major breaks. Also during the past summer break, I went to Japan by myself. The trip was all planed by me and thanks to it, I can call myself a good traveler now.

The reason I choose England is that the British architecture has always be somehow different than the classical architecture we studied. The Victorian or Queen Annex style and the romanticism landscape designing are fascinating for being both random or nature and ordered or planned. Those characteristics somehow resembles some Chinese landscape designing skills and was actually influenced by East Asian culture. I would love to experience how British romanticism have incorporate other cultural influences by myself.

My selfie from class