Brighton Day Trip

I can not believe this was our last day in London. Time goes by so fast when you are having a blast and learning. On our last day Taylor and I took a day trip to Brighton by train/bus.

image

One way took around two hours, but the two hour ride was totally worth it! Once we arrived at Brighton the first place we stopped at was the Brighton Pier. This pier was a very unexpected treat because I thought the pier was closed until April. Below is a horrific sketch of the entrance. For reference below the sketch is the actual entrance.

image

image
The pier has restaurants, amusement rides, and arcade games and is very kid and adult friendly. After the pier we went down to the ocean. It was very interesting because there was no sand, but rather pebbles and rocks. I found it rather hard to walk around on the beach because there were so many rocks which lead to no traction.

image

On the last bus ride to the train station I took a time lapse video from the top of our double decker bus. The time lapse shows how the bus maneuvers around the roads.

Overall the day trip to Brighton was spectacular. I’m very happy I went out of my comfort zone and traveled outside of London!

One thought on “Brighton Day Trip

1. Traveling outside London can be scary, but I’m really glad you took the opportunity to do it! Sandy and I stayed in London and it was awesome, but leaving the city would have been a blast as well. I was worried about gong to the beach, because I thought it may not be warm enough. Your pictures actually reminded me a lot of beaches in Ohio and Michigan and Illinois I’ve been to before, and those can still be beautiful when it’s not as warm. You said you went outside your comfort zone going to Brighton, but I feel like you’ve been going outside your comfort zone this whole trip! Good for you! You only ever really regret the things you don’t do, right?