Artifacts

I am a part of a group of four undergraduate students that has planned mini experiments to perform in front of middle school and high school students at a local Columbus library. We first had to decide what experiments to do. In order to do that, we considered our audience. Our audience is middle school and high school students. Therefore, we wanted to find experiments that were not too difficult to perform and explain, but experiments that were in depth enough that we could discuss concepts that they might have learned or might be learning in school currently. Our next step was to make sure we understood the science behind the experiments and ensure we would be able to explain the material to students if they did not understand. The last step was to gather the correct materials for the experiments and practice them to check that we can perform them correctly.

The significance of this event is being able to spread knowledge around the community. Helping students gain an understanding of a certain concept provides a great feeling of accomplishment and selflessness. I am very grateful to always have had the opportunity to further my education so it is nice to be able to give back and help others further their educations.