Circumstances have changed, but our mission to support your learning remains intact. Here are some updates and links to campus resources and services.
Center for Student Success
The Center for Student Success will continue providing services in an online modality. Here are the links to request services:
- Math tutoring (COTC and OSUN)
- Communications Resource Center (COTC)
- The Writer’s Studio (OSUN)
- Tutoring Services (all subjects other than Math – COTC and OSUN)
- The Learning Specialist (COTC and OSUN)
StudentLingo online workshops
Access to our interactive online learning workshops remains available. Time management, procrastination, and test-taking strategies are some of the traditional topics. New online workshops have been added to our subscription to help students gain the knowledge and skills of being successful in online courses. All Ohio State Newark and COTC students can access the StudentLingo modules for free after creating an account at www.StudentLingo.com/cotc-osun .
The campus library will provide virtual research support for all students, faculty, and staff. Librarians will be available through our chat reference service (go.osu.edu/libchat) on the following schedule starting Monday, March 23, 2020:
- Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
OSUN Office of Retention & Student Success Initiatives
The professional staff, as well as the student academic peer coaches, will meet with Ohio State Newark students through online CarmenZoom video or phone appointments. Students who would like to schedule an appointment with an Academic Success Coach should still schedule through OnCourse at http://go.osu.edu/oncourse and select “Student Success Services” and then “Newark Retention & Student Success”.
Students may contact their advisor directly, or use the main contact methods below.
Contact by phone:
- Newark campus: 740-366-9222
- Coshocton campus: 740-622-1408
- Knox campus: 740-392-2526
- Pataskala campus: 740-755-7090
Contact by email:
- Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions: email@example.com
- College Credit Plus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Records: email@example.com
Student Life is currently operating remotely. Appointments and questions can still be addressed by calling the main Student Life number at 740.364.9578. Offices include: Career Development, Counseling Services, Disability Services, Multicultural Affairs, Student Conduct, Student Involvement & Organizations, Title IX and Veteran Services. For more information visit:
- Ohio Sate Newark– https://newark.osu.edu/students/student-life/
- COTC– http://www.cotc.edu/Life/student-life
Unfortunately, our Campus Corner: Student Food Pantry closed on Friday, March 20th until further notice. Students with food needs can call the Food Pantry Network of Licking County at 740-344-7401 to identify another pantry in their local community for continued resources. They may also contact Jamie White (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Justin Khol (email@example.com) to be connected to those resources as well.