Campus Resource Post

When I was told I was required to go to campus resource, I thought it was pointless because I didn’t feel the need to utilize a non-academic resource. I felt like the only time that I really needed to use a campus resource is if I ever got hurt or really sick I would need to utilize the student health center. But through visiting the student health service at Ohio State, I changed my opinion about the importance of non-academic resources. The only resources I was aware of were the student health services, the transportation services, the mental health services, and the career services but I guess you could consider the career services academic. So going into this, I was kinda blind to what would happen. Scheduling an appointment for the student health services was actually fairly easy. I had a preconception that it was going to be like scheduling a regular doctor appointment and scheduling those appointments as a kid needed to be done months ahead of time. But scheduling appointments with the student health services at OSU was a lot easier and took a lot less time. One could schedule an appointment ahead of time using BuckMD, but even then it doesn’t take that long. You could probably schedule an appointment through BuckMD a day in an advance and get an appointment. But there is also a computer, as pictured, to schedule an appointment which makes it really convenient for people to just walk in and schedule an appointment at the student health services. From my experience with my student health services, I hoped to be cared and helped with my current health state, because at the time I was not feeling too well. The student health services were very beneficial with helping me getting the help I need and referring me to the right medication to take to help me feel better. I don’t think there any ways the student health services can be improved. The student health services provide a lot more streamline and efficient way to help students get medical help when needed and as fast as possible. The conveniency of being able to schedule an appointment online through BuckMD, and even to be able to just walk in and schedule an appointment, is extremely helpful for college students who don’t maybe have the time to put in more effort to schedule appointments. I do not think there are any big resources that Ohio State is missing. Ohio State provides such a wide array of resources for the students here to utilize because they realize that us college students being away from home most likely for the first time, need to be cared for. I think Ohio State already does a good job at making the campus seem like home and I think the resources they already provide are sufficient for making sure students are taken care for. The student health services are just one example of the many services OSU offers to assist students in their transition from living at home to living on their own.