The Curs-ed Tattoo Lady & the Fantastical Lava Field

Let’s start with the Fantastical Lava Field. For this project, we were given an image of a lava field and asked to replace two aspects of the photograph with two things that do not belong. I chose to remove the horizon and replace it with a sunset from another image. I also took out the patch of moss on the field and insert a small puddle with a ripple and flower.

What I found to be most difficult about this assignment was perfecting my feathering technique. As you can see, that technique is not yet too great.

After that was completed, we created three more versions of the finished product using other methods in Photoshop. I chose:

PosterizeHue & Saturation Grayscale

Now, on to the curs-ed Tattoo Lady. I think finishing this project actually took me two months. I struggled with covering up her tattoos. The freckles were fairly simple and disappeared using the Spot Healing Brush. However, her tattoos required painting, texturing, spot healing, deleting, redoing..and a couple of headaches.

Here is the completed product on a new layer of a black and white ballroom. I chose this layer simply because I thought it looked pretty neat and would be a drastic change from the colorful, eye-catching background she initially called Home.

The Tattoo Lady in her new Realm