[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
Honors and Scholars G.O.A.L.S are an important part of being a student here at The Ohio State University. As an honors student, I plan to uphold and follow my plan for the G.O.A.L.S to the dot. Here are the components of G.O.A.L.S and how I plan to achieve them:
- Global Awareness:
- I plan on enriching my awareness by picking up German during my undergraduate career. I took Spanish in High School all the way up to Honors Spanish 4 and I enjoyed it very much, however I feel it is time to branch out and learn something new. The German language and culture has always interested me and I hope to learn more about it during my years here.
- I am also really interested by the study abroad programs that are offered by the Political Science Department. As I am pursuing a B.S degree in Political Science, I would love to explore programs such as internships in government at different countries like Canada and England. Exposure to political systems that are vastly different from the United States’ will surely increase my understanding of the different parts of the world.
- Original Inquiry
- I plan to be involved in research in the Political Science field. As is required by my major, I will have to take advanced classes in statistics and data analysis which will give me a strong foundation for when I start looking for research opportunities. My second major, Data Analytics focuses on research methods and analysis so I hope to take the knowledge I gain in class and use it practically during research
- Academic Enrichment
- I plan to take a rigorous curriculum in both Political Science and Data Analysis, which are my planned majors at the moment. My plan after my undergraduate career is to enroll at a top tier law school and so the courses I plan to take will be geared towards that. I am very interested in corporate/finance law as well as IP law so I plan to take both business and science-related courses here at OSU.
- Leadership Development
- Once again, the Political Science Department offers internships at the State House here in Columbus. I was really interested in this because policy-making has always intrigued me for the simple reason that politicians get it wrong all the time. I would love to get behind the scenes at a State House and learn how government works at a federal level.
- There are many law firms around Columbus always looking for interns and I would be extremely interested in working at a law firm during my undergraduate years so I can get exposure to the career I plan to pursue.
- I plan on joining different legal organizations such as the LASC, which provides legal aid to the underprivileged as well as the Speech and Debate Club here at OSU. Model United Nations was also on my list as a prospective activity to pick up as it combines 2 of my major interests: debate and world politics.
- Service Engagement
- I am aware that the John Glenn College of Public Affairs has several service projects and I am planning on getting involved in these. I was actively involved in my community during high school and I plan to continue it here at OSU.
- LASC is another organization that offers an enriching experience in both community service and leadership. Once I am fully settled in and have a reliable mode of transportation, I will be actively involved with LASC.
[“Career” is where you can collect information about your experiences and skills that will apply to your future career. Like your resume, this is information that will evolve over time and should be continually updated. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[Artifacts are the items you consider to be representative of your academic interests and achievements. For each entry, include both an artifact and a detailed annotation. An annotation includes both a description of the artifact and a reflection on why it is important to you, what you learned, and what it means for your next steps. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
My name is Yash Kantak and I am a first-year at THE Ohio State University. I enjoy watching and playing soccer the most, but I also like to get involved in other sports like basketball and college football. I am really into music and some of my favorite artists are Playboi Carti, Tyler the Creator, A$AP Rocky, The Beatles and Oasis. My preferred genres are Britrock and hip hop but I listen to pretty much everything except country music. I am also pretty decent at Fifa and am looking for someone to smack so hit me up on Snapchat if you want to play.