NY Times Article “Court Upholds Marriage Bans in Four States”

I found this article and thought it was helpful for relating the class discussion to recent news in the court system regarding same sex marriage. I liked how this article specifically showed what states have legalized same sex marriage, what states have struck down gay marriage bans (making the legalization of gay marriage in these states more promising), and where gay marriage bans are still upheld. This article discusses the future of gay marriage legalization in these states a lot, and I think that once the case goes to the Supreme Court, which will happen sooner or later, I think that gay marriage will be officially legalized. Since the majority of the US has legalized gay marriage, the acceptance of gay marriage has increased greatly in the past decade. I can easily see this trend continuing to rise in the future and seeing these marriage bans in the four states being declared unconstitutional. The article link is copied below for anyone who wants to read more about it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/us/appeals-court-upholds-same-sex-marriage-ban.html?_r=0