GPS Success Stories

In its 52nd year, The Graduate/Professional Student Recruitment Initiative (GPS)  Ohio State hosted students from all colleges and universities from over the country including Puerto Rico.

The Ohio State University, through its Office of Diversity and Inclusion, is pleased to welcome GPS 2022 scholars to the Buckeye Family starting Fall 2023.

Below are a few of the stories from our 2023 Cohort.

2022 Cohort

Name: Jordan Matthews

Undergraduate Institution: Louisiana State University

Current OSU Major: Sports Coaching.

Jordan Matthews shares her experience with GPS and her decision on why she chose OSU.

“My experience was the reassurance I needed to know that The Ohio State University was the right place for me to pursue my graduate education. I was won over by how this university is accredited, specifically the master’s program I was interested in. Being an out of state student, I was a little nervous about moving to a new place so far away from home. GPS allowed me the opportunity to explore the city, campus community, and meet with the professors and peers that I would be working with. Overall, I gained the personal connection that I needed to feel comfortable and welcome at Ohio State. I even came across the opportunity to work as a GA in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and be part of the team that runs the GPS program. I am so excited to be able to contribute to the program that served me so well in my journey of becoming a Buckeye and making me feel welcome and supported in joining The Ohio State community.”

Please check back soon for more success stories.